Monday, August 12, 2013

Garbanzo Bean Chocolate Chip Cookies

Garbanzo Bean Sunflower Seed Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

By Brandy Walters | August 12, 2013

Whenever I make baked goods, they are always allergen free but rarely actually seem healthy (my homemade Clif bars being the exception).  When my husband passed this recipe on to me I REALLY wanted to try it.  Usually my boys “help” me make tasty treats but I made this recipe in secret; I wanted it to be a surprise.  When they discovered the treats they were panting and begging but alas, we hadn’t had dinner yet!  After one nibble my three year old was BEGGING for more!  He ate a great dinner and immediately asked for cookies.  They licked the batter AND devoured the cookies, never knowing they were made from GARBANZO BEANS!  Even I didn’t feel guilty eating theseThese will definitely be a regular treat in our household!!!

Not the most beautiful cookie but when it tastes this good who cares???

Ingredients
1 can (1 ¾ cups) chickpeas (rinsed and dried)
¾ cup sunflower seed butter
3 tsp vanilla
1/3 cup honey (or agave or maple syrup)
0-3 TBL coconut oil
1 ½ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
2/3 cup Enjoy Life chocolate chips

Directions

1.     Preheat the oven to convection 325° (or regular bake 350). Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
2.     Puree all but the chips in a food processor fitted with a steel blade. Scrape down the edges, and pulse again a few times until the dough is completely smooth.
3.     Remove the blade and add chocolate chips.
4.     Scoop out spoonfuls of dough and scrape them onto the parchment with another spoon.
5.     Bake for about 13 minutes. They are delicious warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment